Friday, July 3, 2009

Deceived and Cheated

I feel a sense of fury that I haven't felt in a long time. When my step son Ty decided to go backdoor on his mom and I the other day and really upset my applecart. We bought Ty a used car and paid for his drivers training and drivers ed online. He's a 3.5 gpa student and an overall good kid that sometimes suffers from narcissistic tendencies,it's seemingly always about him and he whines when he doesn't get his way. So he had his car, got a job at the local Vons and was set for a football season on the Varsity team. Going to summer practices was a chore as he was working and couldn't make all of the practices so he wasn't getting the reps in practices and felt he was not a coach favorite, trying to explain that if I were a coach I would give the reps to the person who is always there. He then made excuses that he had to work to pay for half of his car insurance and all of his fuel costs, we then explained , lifes' about choices and that come season time he would have to earn his starting spot back with hard work, he then says the coaches don't like him but we emphasized that he needed to put the work in and earn that spot when the pads were on in the fall. His father moved back into the area in May and apparently they had an agreement that if he moved to camarillo that he would be enrolled at Camarillo high come new school year in September. Thus of course all unbeknownst to us and the other day we were blindsided by him as he said he wanted to go to Cam high, he asked, knowing full well he was going to do it anyway and we said hell no you're not. He whined and whined why why why? and we told him that this is his school and that he had no business going to the rival school because he didn't want to play for his current school because the "program Sucks" Well his dad and mom spoke about it and apparently he thinks that a 16 yr old should be able to make a decision on school issues because his daddy wants to be his friend and not his parent, so he pulled his trump card and I pulled mine, I took his car away and took his insurance away and already assuming that we would do this his dad bought him a beater vehicle to use all backdoor so that he would go to the school he wanted and still have a car to drive. We have thrown our hands in the air and have give up on trying to raise this guy with morals and ethics, and apparently hanging out with the kids in camarillo where his dad lives has become a partier and drinking when he is at his dads house, all of which we do not tolerate and would never attend paties on our watch which is currently one week here and one week there. I introduced both of my step boys to sports and being honest, developing character and being true to themselves and being leaders not followere. This is a serous setback for me and their mother, we feel a breach of trust and a real sense of letdown in knowing we have provided the proper examples both verbally and in lifestyles. I feel that this experience has really opened my eyes as todays youth is so selfish and live for the moment that we as Parents are in for a long line of disappointments in this quick fix youth movement . Both of my step boys have breached our trust and I can honestly say not because of their mother, I truly feel that this easy way out mentality is a genetic defect that they obtained from their Mr. Wonderful Disneyland Dad. Sorry but I feel I gave so much over the past 11 plus years to these boys only to be shit on and watching the disappointment that the mother feels hurts me even more. Thank Goodness for Brandon , my 23 year old who has made his childish mistakes and has atoned and grown and thanked me for everything I have taught him, no better feeling than to be rewarded with respect and appreciation from my child. I always hear my wifes voice, 3 more months til one of them turns 18 and a little over 16 months before the last one turns 18, then we are officailly done, or at least I am, lifes lessons will play a cruel trick on those who do not respect their parent, the parent who says no for a reason, not yes to be looked upon as Super dad. So I vent and feel better but still feel deceived and cheated upon for the easy way out was taken and that's not what we are about!

No comments:

Post a Comment