Saturday, June 4, 2011

Looking Back!

Always one to forge onward and look ahead I still go back a week ago to Salt Lake City and the the incredible race experience that we enjoyed at the track in Tooele! The speeds and precision of the riders in all classes made me think how cool that would be to get paid to do something you love and are good at. Pulling a motorcycle at 196 mph down a straightaway and coming up to a 75 degree turn is a rush beyond a rush. Getting the bike up that high and then being required to slow it down and bent over to turn  at least 12-15 times per lap depending on the track is amazing and requires so much talent and the Balls the size of Volkswagen's to do so. We were thoroughly impressed with the pageantry of the track and the organization, when they say practice started at 1:20 , it stared at 1:20 exactly no questions ever.So we knew to be in our seats at the given times or we would miss something. This is a trip we might take every year or at least one trip somewhere to watch the races at a different location. I look back also at this time of year last year when things were different for Terria and I , I only look back to remind myself how fortunate I am to be given the chance to fix my shit and get where I need to be physically and emotionally with my Honey Terria. This was a wake up call for the lackadaisical tendencies had set in, there were some internal issues that came to light and with the brilliance of Michael Morales have definitely helped me to not only recognize my faults but to seek and destroy the old ways of doing things. I am not only blessed with the love of my TErria and my family, but for the second chance to make this all right and to make the next 30-40 years God willing a better life than we have enjoy to date. God has blessed  us with many things, the strength and the wisdom to give the praise and acknowledgement of our God for keeping us all  strong and bringing everything into a capsule form so that we could fix it properly. not there yet but the road is getting shorter everyday that passes. Off to the Gym for the 13th time this morning...trust me I need to go now

No comments:

Post a Comment