Thursday, June 2, 2011

They Just Don't Get It!

It never Ceases to amaze me the lack of understanding ,or grasp on what work and the workplace really is. It allows us to be paid for doing a job and thus allows us to enjoy things outside of work. we laugh we play we attend ballgames and movies based on the fact that we earn a living with the jobs that we have. Well my crew here at work does not grasp that concept and feel at times that this job is a disruption to their play time and expect the government to pay them for that right??? Well once again I sit afront alone in this office while people take their lunches at whatever time they feel like whether or not there is coverage in the office, so I sit and bite my tongue forever in the hopes that somebody will notice the occurrence. When the boss is away the kids will play mentality prevails here for sure. So the Boss comes by the desk at 1115 and notices I'm the only one at the front, he says" where the fuck is everybody at?" I ask that question all of the time I say. He then turns and says ,I'm not happy with this shit and walks off and says we will have a 2 pm meeting to talk about this. He walks off muttering vulgarities under his voice and they are very loud and clear. Keep in mind , he gave out monetary awards for the office just this past Friday in appreciation for the jobs well done and the fact that our customer service rating is well above 93%, a good score for sure and region wide the tops from what they tell us. all i know is that i am appreciative at the fact that we were rewarded for our work and that the ongoing lack or serious work ethic around me is a cancerous thing and know that it will be brought to light at the meeting. I know that I am always where I'm supposed to be and that allot of kids play goes on in this office and we have a very easy Boss to work for that they take full advantage of, at least those who decide to show up to work, or show up reasonably on time! Today is my 3:30 early day to leave , i know the office will suffer some sort of loss either in the extended lunch times periods that we were given or the fact that we will all be required to give up something that was given to us because of the constant abuse of the office and the co-workers code that doesn't exist at all. I for one never leave until i know there are at least 2-3 people covering the office.We are all different in that respect, more after the meeting i spose!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment