Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"Eyeballs"

Windows to the soul and heart
never lie just re-direct me
I put myself and my trust
in those eyes to see me through

when you say "I can read your eyes"
you really could,
my open book heart, arms and eyes
always opened for you,always wider each time we met

So I sent myself through my eyes
gave myself to your soul
you took me in and held me tight
and read my book and laughed aloud

you gave me hope and joy
I left behind my seemingly perfect life
the picket fence and adoring wife
My empty house will never forgive me

In this mirror i look
I see your reflection in every direction
A hotel room off Richards street
of passion and a missing beat

My world in detour
my heart is mended
my thoughts and goals
put me on top again

My responsibilities are over
my pains and struggles of hiding are done
When the sun shines on me tomorrow
a man , a restaurant and dinner for one

So i commend you on your re-unification
saw it coming and prepared myself
to not be hurt ,to be happy for you
I'm strong enough to be alone

today is a venture into the known
been here before
know the score
zeros on the board forevermore

Valarie I will always care about you
I will always look at your eyes and wonder
when you roll over each morning
will the eyes that look at you LOVE like I did

No comments:

Post a Comment