Tuesday, April 20, 2010

State of My union

Since I last posted here plenty has gone on. i have fully recovered from my Nov 22 09 Motorcycle accident and feel like a million bucks. I've been able to shed 55 lbs and feel better and am so grateful for my speedy recovery. My blood hemo is higher than before the accident and blood pressure is good and all seems to be falling into place in my life. I have on 2 separate occasions gone to my local motorcycle dealership where my son works and almost purchased another Missile. But after much consideration for others and the fears that i would put them thru I backed out and did not buy another bike. I will get on another bike someday, but this day is too soon and i want to be good with it when I do. I have been through some really good times here lately, been able to replace the motorcycle with my other passion of Golfing and have been able to get back to the gym and work on regaining all of my strength and continue the weight loss program that i have started since my accident. My middle boy Braz and his wife joined the Army and are currently in their second week of Boot camp at Ft Leonardwood Missouri, we are going to their graduation 2nd week of June. That should be a hot!!!! hot!!!! experience but we need to be there for them! the family is doing well, my wife Terria will need elbow surgery as the ligament is detaching from the bone, she had collarbone and shoulder surgery last June and will carry on this summer with yet another surgery. The future looks great, still trying to get in the low 80's golfing and still attempting to play as often as time will allow. I am somewhat tiring of my Facebook experience and will hopefully be able to Blog more often and keep my writing and my emotions fresh and be able to share them in this manner on this forum. Life for Greg is as usual charmed and feel that I've met some nice new friends on FB and have reunited with some old ones too. Work is amazing as usual , the boss is great and my co-workers are so incredible, they were all so supportive of me when i was off 6 weeks from work and were angels, Angie, Janneth , Sabrina,Rich and Peter were amazing people in my time of needs, thanks to u guys for the visitors, the calls and the cards. As i venture on into the future i see some incredible things happening, I guess supplemental insurances are good to have , as they are paying for my next 3 -4 vacations and the insurance was quick to pay off the motorcycle and give me my dough. so we are doing great and feeling great and it is so nice to see the pieces come back together. As i write this I can only think of my family, my golfing and the day i buy another , yes ,Motorcycle to add to the joys of a charmed life and a charmed and blessed man indeed. Thanks to all who have entered my life and allowed Greg to be Greg and knowing the peculiarities of one Mr. Gregory Anthony Duran takes a special breed to deal with on a daily basis, thank you Terria my love for being so awesome ,not only during my convalescence but everyday I've known you and each and every way a man could know ,love and experience your goodness. I also thank God for allowing me to understand the true meaning of what is really important, the former Atheist Greg Duran was enlightened shortly before his accident and truly understands what love of life , love of God and love of all things real truly are. I have been given the chance to make a difference in peoples lives, not by preaching or being a grandstanding Christian but my being here for people , being the shoulder , the ear, the care and concern and love truly given and as a loving human being I do so and give my love unconditionally and with no fanfare...I hope Sarah Palin is watching, and all of the other Paper Christians who only raise fears and hatred towards those not like themselves. And my last thanks you is for my Christian hero and Guru Frank Schaeffer, who without him and his guidance I would still be chasing my spiritual tail and be a lost soul who had not found his way and his purpose in life. Frank has always responded to my letters and emails and has been nothing but so positive, I follow his blog and twitter to re-educate myself on his goodness and world views. Thanks again, Terria, Brandon, Braz ,Ty, April&Tim , Mom and all of my co-workers and special friends from the Prozac Crew , Brad, Erwin, Yuc,Panda, Dosc, i love you all and am so thankful to have the blessings that one man should nt be afforded in one lifetime! God blessed Greg Duran with all of you and blessed me with my life,family and world. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment