Thursday, June 18, 2009

Choices!

When somebody asks me, where do you feel like eating, or what do you want to do for your Vacation? These questions are sometimes very difficult to answer and make me feel like I'm missing out on something by making the wrong choice! When in fact really insignificant things like this muddle the mind and detract from the real choices we need to make on an everyday basis. I was once told by a wiser person than i that "Choices should be viewed as opportunities to improve upon something" for there is always one option that is better than the other, whether or not it is clear at decision time, some forethought and a sense of reality never hurt the decision making process! So I sit here and reflect upon past ands current choices I have made and Will make and try to sort them out as Good , or Bad choices ?

Good Choices
  • Marrying my current wife Terria
  • Purchasing home at the right time and rate
  • raising my kids properly
  • choosing good over bad, happy over bitter
  • GSXR1000 motorcycle
  • Friends of the Prozac Crew
  • working on mind and soul
  • being true to my beliefs
  • Honesty at all times
  • My Awesome Dogs
  • Using electronic devices to share my thoughts
  • communication with everything I know
  • getting rid of my sand toys
  • Dunlop over Pirelli
  • Teaching myself to cook and Bake
  • Making peace with my mother

Bad Choices

  • My first wife
  • girlfriend Gina following first wife
  • Eating too much junk
  • spending not saving
  • expensive toys
  • not growing up soon enough
  • not finishing college degree
  • not playing football and Baseball in college

Just a few things that may have altered my past and my future. But most everything here is fixable and reversible and never etched in stone. Having rebounded from most all of the bad gives me hope that things are never as bad as they appear and when things are going well keep it all in perspective and keep it real! Because nothing is forever and nothing guaranteed!

No comments:

Post a Comment