Saturday, June 13, 2009

Now The Good

You may have just read My Peaves entry and may have noticed that most of what is deemed as cool or fashionable is some instances are generally my biggest gripes, but enough negativity. I am going to share a little positivity and some of the things that make me smile and feel good about about the humanity thats gets it!

People, This is our Core , this is what we are and who we are, all people with the potential to make a difference in peoples lives. Some of the best qualities in my friends and people I want to hang out with NOT NUMBERED IN SEQUENCE OF IMPORTANCE

1. people who give for the sake of giving, no acknowledgement needed, as my momma used to tell me, "do a good deed and walk away" otherwise you give for the wrong reasons
2. good listeners, who allow you to share your story
3. conversationalists who back their play with examples, not just words
4. virtuous people who give and care for others
5. honest and open people who will say what is true, not wha they think you want to hear
6. people who aren't afraid to make mistakes, risk takers
7.those who love and care and help those who can't always help themselves
8. religious people who accept my non believer ways and don't try to convert my thinking
9. those who don't grandstand and have the confidence to know they don't need to do so
10.those who say hello,or smile before you do to them
11. confident, not cocky ,self assuredness , not arrogance
12. well spoken people who speak to the level of their listener to not exude an elitist attitude
13 people who acknowledge others in assiting in their successes
14.taking the blame when it Isn't your fault to not create a bigger drama
15. being accountable
16 learning from not only your own mistakes, but watching those of others and sharing the lesson
17.Good Parents
18 respectful/polite kids and youth

There are alot of Things that we as adults and even children long to aquire, "toys"

Motorcycles ,motorcycles, and more fast motorcycle, japanese sportbikes are the greatest thing going . Speeds are incredible on these things, so fun, so dangerous! too much fun
Baseball equipment, Rawlings Baseball gloves
Music, sound systems and MP3 technology
My Blackberry is my single most prized electronic possession
The internet and all of its wonders....Awesome
Dunlop 209 GP sticky tires
My Homemade Chocolate fudge cake
My Lemon Zest sour cake
anything chocolate
BBQ'd anything on a modern BBQ grill
hitting a baseball solid
swishing a 3pt shot
a first date that goes well
a divorce that goes painlessly quick

Fashion and Music, yes there are some fashion statements that are world class, music is always top shelf in my eyes and ears. so here are a few of the things that make me say "YES

musically this is the real deal-The Clash,Billy Bragg, The Jam, crowded house, the Smiths, levellers, lemonheads, replacements and too many others to mention, most are mentioned in my profile.
Fashion for fashions sake, is there nothing better than an Armani suit, I don't know, I've never owned one and might never, but thet are badass high quality nice stuff. Nice Ferragamo, r Kenneth Cole shoes. nothing better to look at than a well made italian suit with all the amenties.
A pair of nice fitting New Balance, Nike, Adidas or any high quality athletic shoe.
Baseball games at Dodger stadium,College football games at the Rose Bowl, basketball games at the Fabulous forum in the 70's and 80's
Motorcycle races at willow springs, infinneon raceway and any televised motorcycle race availabe
MLB network, ESPN , NFL network. Discover Channel, TLC, History Channel, A&E network,Food network
Best things in the world besides all of the listed above, My wife, My Kids and my immediate family and circle of Prozac Crew friends.... Lfe is obviously great regardless of all of my Peaves, I can balance it with the loves of my life and all that makes me smile. oh yeah a Blog in which to share and spew meaningless rants and venting like old faithful..... Damn skippy

No comments:

Post a Comment