Thursday, June 25, 2009

Round Of Golf

Played 18 holes after work yesterday to ease the tensionless dayI was having, so overall it was an incredible day in So Cal. The sun was shining and the weather cooperated nicely, it was perfect anything weather. I met the Brother in Law Timotardo at the Base here at Port Hueneme for a relaxing round of Golf. Playing golf is not really a passion of mine but more of a hobby that allows me to get outside and enjoy the elements of an awesome Southern Californias Summer day. Most of my Prozac crew friends make fun of me and Chris(Yuc) for playing Golf ,calling it a useless bit of activity and cringe everytime we post somethnig on our message board mentioning Golf. But the board being a motorcycle and offroad forum I can understand their dismay towards Golf. So we tee off and start the day of golf, not a good start for me but tell myself this round is all about the enjoyment of being outdoors with a good man and not working, how can playing poorly ruin that? We went thru the first 9 holes in and hour 15 minutes, hooked up with a single player on the back nine and he was pretty damn good golfer, a guy in his 60's who hit the ball a ton and hit it straight. We came throught the back nine at a little slower pace but ended up finishing the round in 3 hours 40 minutes so that being a good quick round of Golf we headed home to brother in laws house where my sister was making Tacos for us. We got there at 8pm grubbed like madmen and felt like crap afterwards, it's what we do after Golf! THis being my first round of golf in 8 months I felt pretty good but sore as the knee is still needing that operation but we move on and won't complain about it anymore . Life is Good and I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can ... Fore!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment