Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Good People

Where have all the Good people gone, I know they're out there , I know they exist within my reaches, for my friends and family show me this on a daily basis. But when I escape the comforts of that support group I venture into a vast unknown, the feelings of not trusting or believing that others share the same core values that I do and are they really out there to harm me or my family? The chain of events here recently close to home and on a larger scale had me frustrated and angered at the fact that it may not be safe out there at times, but hell you gotta live and you have to go out and live life, otherwise we call life meaningless and in a sense like living in a prison. I see a homeless person I give him a buck a feel safe with this, how safe is a person like this who has no home to go to at night? what a horrible thought, yet we as safe people go through life with ur false securities as well as our unreasonable fears. where is the good balance and are we seeking out good people,or trying to avoid that which we perceive as a bad person, to be judged by the way they dress, the color of their skin etc? I have to remind myself on a daily basis that we only hear, or read about the bad things that happen, we never hear about the good people, well unless they are clebrities and the cameras are rolling and they're looking for that good image shot. Realistically the people we perceive as bad people are either locked up or dead, the imaginary number of bad people on the streets and in society we will never know who they are. We as humans take our own precautions and don't drive through South Central LA as we know what element is possible to be lurking there ,therefore we minimize the risks as responsible adults and keep our safety at a higher level. But there are so many good people in bad areas that never get the chance to be found out about because of these preconceived fears. I know and trust that there is so much goodness around us, yet we read and hear about the shootings,stabbings and kiilings more than we hear about the little league Mom who donates her time and efforts to the cause or the Man who donates his time to big brothers programs but for the sake of sensationalism these kind acts go unnoticed and we will continue to read about the bad and ugly sides of life. I have faith in people, I believe that there is an inherent good in all and choose to live my life like It means something, for a purpose. The good breed the good and Bad seek out negativity, that portion we cannot control. To quote Shawshank redemption, " get busy living ,or get busy Dying" It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment