Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Keeping it Real

For too long now I see so many around me, want , dream and feel the need to desire that which they don't need or deserve. I have conversations with my teenage boys constantly about the subject of Keeping it real and being realistic with their goals and aspirations. much to my chagrin I see them watching Cribs, or pimp my ride and other sensationalist TV which tends to corrupt the minds of the corruptable. When one of my boys tell me I want a house, or a car like that I will always play the eternal realist by saying"So u want a Car like that? What are you going to do to earn such a piece of art, better become a pro athlete or invent something special other wise Hyundai Accel for you!" I only see more dsaydreamers and less goal setting amongst our youth, more fashion than function, more actions with less thought beforehand and zero accoun tability in those actions. I try to instill that "things do not fall out of the sky, you have to earn and work hard for everything you have and own. But to a teenager who has been victimized by the MTV mentality where people with No talent have a lavish lifestyle and drive the nice car and live in the mansion o the hill, they figure it is their Given right to have the same. But things do not equal happiness and things don't replace love and things aren't what we are about, Things are just what people strive to have and will kill others to achieve, damn sad but true. My only wish is that oneday, they will "Get IT" and seek to achieve instead of hope to Find???

No comments:

Post a Comment