Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Constant Love

After all is said and all is done, there is the one constant in my life that never leaves me, never fails me and will never require anything but a plug to play, My Music, man I swear there is nothing better than good music and talented musicians to play, to sing, to perform something ,preferably in a rock form but talent is talent nonetheless. I go back to 30 plus years ago when Robert Nevarez who came over the house tonight and reminded me that we watched Pat Benatar on the my VCR, one of the first produced back then, we listened to Her on the way to school and begged to be near that woman. Well as time and reality set in we all progressed to better and more progressive types of music, with the advent of punk and new wave, then alternative /I was in heaven, ,listening to n on mainstream music was my deal and I fluorished in that scene for sure. The Clash, the Jam, Elvis Costello, the wonderstuff, Billy Bragg and bands like the Replacements were some to name a few that reshaped me as a person, showed me that non mainstream anything is ok and following the leader was not always the best or coolest thing to do in life, so I went that route. /to this day still listen to the old punk and alternative bands and some oldies to get me back into that groove, the newer music is shit to me and pre fab precast cookie cutter music made specifically for the radio and never meant to be heard live and never will sound good without the sound man taking over the concert. The music on my phone, my ipod or my youtube selection all indicate where i am as a person and what i expect from my tnes and fro the people I associate myself with, outside the lines and the box and a ltle bit of free expression to how your difference in life. I can never replace my CD or LP collection which is vast and very eclectic to say the least, but te fact remains that the music that moves me is the music ha mved me as an 11 -21 year old when i was introduced to music by my older sister listening to the commodores and stylistics and earth wind and fire and stevie wonder, dont forget Bobby Goldsboro and Linda Ronstadt, WW , throw in some crowded house and some miltown brothers and you got yourself an orgy of great music that moves my shit like nothing else in life, more than food, sex ,woman or sports, music is second to God and family to me. Good times and good music go hand in hand, loving it !

No comments:

Post a Comment