Saturday, June 19, 2010

thoughts

I wish I were a simpler man
with fewer thoughts and less to fix
I open up a can of Coke
and open up a can of hope

the memory and the smell
of yesterday's blooming garden
the ripe and pungent fruits of joy
been picked and sent to market

my mind and my heartfelt thoughts
ripping up inside
the whirlwind flows
and nobody knows, where this mind has been

I've played in the sand and on the mountaintop
looking down towards mere mortals
I've blown the fuse
and refuse to lose, this minds place and time

forgiven but never forgotten
my brain in constant flux
I try so hard to please them all
and left myself in the dust

so 've wiped myself off again
and threw myself to wash
my place on earth,my love and hurt
will be engrained as my epitaph

No comments:

Post a Comment