Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Race

I raised my own bar today
much higher than before
My goals ,my dreams are lofty ones
so real and so very close

I slipped away for awhile before
lost my plot and way
I've searched for the eternal bright light
but my dimmer switch was broken

fixing life with broken parts
never really seems to work
Fixing things while relying on others
my recipe gone bad

I filled my bag and ran for cover
my new mindset was conceiled
the days of darkness ran over me
my uneven playing field

A new day and direction
mirrors of reflection
contemplation and a resurrection
tomorrows story waiting for summation

I kicked my world in the ass today
i made myself a bet
I called myself a pussy again
and failed to break a sweat

today and yesterday are laughable
tomorrow but a joke
so i laugh again and try again
to give myself a stroke

I had my cake and threw it up
the richness all too bland
I asked myself for continuity
and a master plan

My thoughts and my prayer book
have been busy through these days
my mind and my heartfelt soul
belittled in a daze

So what has triggered clarity
of clear bright glass not frost
My heart, my soul , my definition of me
rescued from being lost

I give my heart and soul to ME
my lost and battered one
I give u my efforts and my words
to show what i have done

Today is such a special time
healing has begun
my wife, my life, my family
this course that shall be run

So I say goodbye to self destruct
kiss my ass to negativity
unload the truck of hope and joy
and positivity!

The future is upon me now
my mind, my body, my soul
this workout full of painful days
Has given me control

I live ,I like, I love
the place that I have conquered
between my ears and my chest
compromised and suffered

changing and re-arranging
growing and always knowing
Life is short and fleeting
get busy living , or get busy dying!

No comments:

Post a Comment